Open to Whatever. Whenever. Wherever.
Follow me on Twitter @nik_jax.
Find me on Instagram nikjax.
After 10 years climbing the corporate ladder, I quit my job to return to school to work on my MBA and travel the world in the process. Some people thought I was insane to give up a great career in a bad economy. I thought it was a great time to get back in the classroom (I missed the learning process), make myself more marketable (I’ll always believe education is the best investment ever) and luckily I found a 1 year program that enabled me to live and study in Paris (Fall Semester), Philly (my current home - Spring Semester) and Asia (Summer semester in India, China and Japan). So to answer the question who am I? Right now, I’m student, but there’s so much more to me…
- I work hard, play harder, love hardest
- I’m a big sister - oldest of 4 and proud auntie of a beautiful 1 year old
- I’m also God mother to 3 - not as great as a should be but hey
- I’m a Cancer and possess all the stereotypical traits that come along with it
- I’m Jamaican with a PA driver’s license and US passport
- I’m an incurable shopaholic - shoes, bags, accessories, clothes, I love it all
- I’m a speed demon who loves fast cars and the sound of a great engine
- I’m a UCONN alumna (BS in Finance) and a die-hard Husky fan
- I love basketball - prefer NCAA but this year’s NBA playoffs have been great
- I’m loyal… sometimes to a fault
- I love the Lord, I am a follower of Christ
- I’m a great friend
- I’m a foodie
- I’m over bad boys and on to grown men. That phase was fun while it lasted
- I’m beautifully broken (not ashamed that I love that song by Ashlee Simpson)
- I can’t imagine my life without traveling. I hope to visit 40 countries and 40 states before my 40th birthday (I’ll post about that separately)
- I adore my family. Including the friends I consider the family I got to choose
- I can’t think of a genre of music I don’t like
- I know how to party
I’m sure there’s more but that seems enough for now.